Friday, July 20, 2007

Mine is Better than Yours!!!!

Canon, Nikon, Hasselbad, Pentax the list goes on and on.

So many times I hear the classic fight of who is better what format is better. Sitting in the coffee shop or walking down the street, the battles rage on and on. Even I have participated in these gladitorial camera events (much to my shame).

Yes, I am a Canon man. There are many things that about the product that I like, which has caused me to sell various organs to pay for lenses, camera bodies and accessories. I have friends who have Nikon systems and they feel strongly about there brand. There are people who use pinhole cameras to give us images more thought provoking that a $30,000 camera system. I have even seen photographers who use cell phones! What does it matter?

Someone said to me "I can see how and why photography has become a great passion for you or anyone who sees the world through a viewfinder . Its our contribution and isn't it wonderful that we are put on this earth to do something other can breathe! I say bravo to us!"

Think about that for a second. No matter what we use Nikon, Canon, Coffee Can, Nokia or shoe box, we have a passion that causes us to reach into our souls to create something. Something that we see, something that we feel. What does it matter what we use to create our work.

The next time you see yourself headed to the arena about "Mine is Better than Yours", ask the question instead, "What did you shoot today?"

1 comment:

Leepak Hope-ra said...

Its so cool that you read what I wrote and added that. I believe that it is true that photography, or pottery or songwriting or poetry or anything that makes your heart smile is your contribution to the world as a whole. I mean the more happy people we have in the world, the better off we'll be (we hope!), right? Here's to contributions! :o)